Who We’re Looking For:
Essential experience & knowledge
- Candidates do not need any prior accounts experience to apply for this role but a background in Finance is an advantage.
- Must have good knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office platforms, as well as an understanding of computerised accounts, and be confident dealing with telephone enquiries.
Essential skills & abilities
- Ability to prioritise tasks/projects
- Good computer skills (especially with databases and financial software)
- Excellent organisation skills
- Honest, discreet and trustworthy
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and towards your own objectives
- Ability to learn quickly
- Have complete ownership and accountability of your own work
What the Role Involves
As an Accounts Assistant your key tasks will include:
- Maintaining financial records
- Raising all customer sales invoices
- Raising all customer credit notes
- Ensuring invoices and credit notes are sent to customers
- Raising customer quotes (which may or may not eventually be turned into a genuine invoice)
- Allocating cash payments on account to sales invoices
- Periodic review of aged debtors report
- Assisting in disputes with customers over sales ledger account balances
- Reporting on sales numbers
- Any other tasks required in the running of the office
- Accumulating credit card receipts and matching to statements
- Postings of credit card transactions to accounts system
- Accumulating PayPal transaction receipts
- Postings of PayPal transactions to accounts system
- Posting of purchase ledger invoices to accounts system
- Other adhoc accounts related tasks, in assistance with preparation of management accounts
- Your progression at Climb Online is in your hands and you will progress if you are willing to. As a start-up, there are endless progressive roles within the business but you must be willing to work for them.
- We are especially interested in candidates that want to become a Team Leader.