Last week, we hosted ‘PubliCon’ Climb Online’s 2nd Publisher Event. Twice a year, we invite our publishers down to Climb Online HQ to learn more about digital marketing, with talks led by our expert team. It was a huge success, the turnout was double that of our last event. Our Publisher Relations Manager Edwin Owusu-Peprah did a fantastic job of organising the event as well as being the founder of the concept.
1. Strategies to drive quality traffic using Social Media
– Above all Be Creative, users wish to be entertained, 80% of all traffic comes from video
– Create engaging content
– Social supports SEO through increased online visibility and traffic, increased authority brand recognition and finally broader content distribution and longer lifespan
– Make sure your social media profile is optimised
– Establish your goals
– Identify the right channel for your message whether that be Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or more.
– Know your audience, know your demographics
– Have a Facebook Pixel
2. How to create high-quality content at a pace
– Curation is a great way of creating quality content at pace.
– Curation is selecting, organising, and presenting (online content, merchandise, information) typically using professional or expert knowledge
– It attracts backlinks
– You are basically re-sharing content
Simple tips to write a curated piece include:
– Using a title that will make your target audience want to click, extracting a meaningful quote
– Showing thought leadership by annotating the curated piece of content.
– Share the content well. You can use Content Studio
3. Email Marketing Quick Wins, Strategies and Best Practises
– Email marketing is for Awareness, Remarketing, Customer Loyalty and Nurturing
– Make your readers come back again
Simple things to keep them coming include:
– Sending a Thank you Email
– Welcome new readers and subscribers
– Best practises are Opt-in and double opt-in, Making unsubscribe easy, personalisation, segmentation, reading your data like knowing which posts are getting the most reads
– Subject is King
– 1 message, 1 action
– Text always comes first
– Give before you take, make it more human, have dynamic content
– Track everything especially your clicks.
“After attending PubliCon with Climb Online I feel much more confident about what I need to do to get my website seen. I have already implemented some of the suggested changes and have seen improvements almost immediately. I feel inspired to learn more”.
‘I found all the information really helpful and it has definitely made me think about my site and the changes I need to make going forward. I have already implemented a number of changes already. Please make sure to give me a shout when you next hold an event – I’ll be there!’’ – Sabina Green, ‘Deepmummymatters’
‘’Thanks for the email Edwin, it was good to meet you on Thursday. Overall I thought that the event was well put together and about the right length. I thought the SEO part was the most useful to publishers. I was impressed with John and thought he was super helpful. Just a shame he supported Chelsea’’ Nick Gibbens, Luxury Lifestyle
We hope you found this helpful! Keep your eyes peeled and be part of our next PubliCon event!