Once again, the Climb Online team flocked down to the seaside town of Brighton for the September BrightonSEO! The fantastic line-up of speakers had us gripped at a variety of talks, from PR and Outreach to Site Optimisation for SMBs.
As per tradition at Climb Online, we have put together our key takeaways from the day below. If you have any questions, or would like to learn more about the SEO services we offer, contact [email protected] to be put in touch with our friendly team!
Laura Hogan – How to use Competitors to get Free Links
– Information on your competitors is out there, use it
– Broken link building – You can use screaming frog to find broken links.
– Reverse image search – you can download a competitor’s infographic, put it in Google and see who has covered it. These sites are ones you can reach out to.
– You can go to Majestic and see new links competitors have done
– Set alerts on competitors
– Use assets and hashtags
Content Strategy for link building:
– Validate your idea, have a strong online presence
– Is there a demand for what you want to sell?
– Images are the winner!
– Have a strong link building strategy
Elli Bishop – How to Create a Strong PR and Outreach Team
– Create and promote newsworthy content
– Conduct media relations
– Find green employees
– Outreach is so much more than link building
Joe Doverton – Small is Beautiful: Site Optimisation for SMBs
– Maybe smaller is better
– Failure can be good
– In a small capacity, you can do stakeholder interviews
– A/B tests for design
– Conversion optimisation is suitable for businesses of all sizes
Izabela Wisniewska – How to Build Links Without Big Budgets.
– Run competitor bank link analysis
– Link Research tools
– You can use this to analyse backlink profiles, you just need to put the URL in there.
We hope you enjoyed reading a few of our snippets from the day, if you would like to learn more contact us today: [email protected]